Christchurch Folk Music Club
The Ferris & Guest Musos Show 5
- $10 Members
- $15 Non-members
- $5 Students with ID
Reserve your seat here: https://forms.gle/wntVDVgJoXX5Supb8
TEN professional, experienced Christchurch musicians and singers….. the variety will be enormous, and all numbers will be drawn from the best songs of the past five or so decades from many genres of music for your enjoyment.
- Robin Ferris fulfills the role as host and organiser of the concert, will be heard with acoustic Martin guitar and vocals, son Ryan Ferris with guitar and vocals
- James Allan on bass guitar and vocals. (Ryan and James make up the popular band ‘Beacon Bloom’, so lots of experience of working together will shine on stage)
- Welcoming again Lorenz Weston Salzer on fiddle and vocals, well known as the fiddle player in the “Yurt Party” band.
- Josh Braden on left-handed guitar and percussion, well known as a session musician and solo performer.
- Paddy Long on pedal steel guitar, anchoring the band and night with well-honed experience and sounds.
- Larry Milnes on harmonica.
- This time Steve Stern will add his soulful sounds on banjo and vocals.
- The youth of Jules will again astound the audience as he effortlessly supports on piano and vocals.
- There is an excellent female singer in this year’s Ferris line up. A new welcome addition is none other than Petrina Chisolm, professional lead vocalist. Co-member with Robin of guy/gal duo ‘Hear & Now’ and member of ‘Girl Power’ band.
Doors open 7pm. Performance starts at 7.30pm, you will get a seat if you arrive close to 7pm.
VENUE: Irish Society Hall, 29 Domain Terrace, Spreydon The hall is situated up the long driveway, directly next to Domain Park, and there is plenty of well-lit off-street parking..
DOOR SALES CASH ONLY: Tea, coffee, biscuits and cake available during the break, Eftpos available for purchases only, no cash-out facility. Folk Club and Irish Society members please remember to bring your membership card for licencing purposes. Non-members sign in at bar.
19 March 2023
For over three decades, Dublin-born Enda Kenny has delighted festival audiences across Australia and toured internationally to a dozen countries. His annual tours to UK and Ireland have established a reputation as a cracking entertainer with a razor wit and a swag of songs you’ll want to join in with.
The Dee Street Band
26 March 2023
The Dee Street Band is a Dunedin-based band who play original folk, blues, rock, and protest music, with the occasional sea shanty thrown in for good measure.
Ceilidh: Brought to you by Gary Elford
16 April 2023
A cèilidh is a traditional Scottish or Irish social gathering. In its most basic form, it simply
means a social visit. In contemporary usage, it usually involves playing Gaelic folk music and dancing, either at a house party or a larger concert at a social hall or other community gathering place.
7 May 2023
A world-class Instrumental guitarist and superb Singer Songwriter, a
modern-day troubadour in every sense of the word.
14 May 2023
Nominated for Best NZ Folk Artist 2022, they pack punches but bring songs to heal the scars. Lindsay Martin’s masterful strings and vocals meet Victoria Vigenser’s magnificent voice, in driving rhythms and a connection, you have to hear to believe.
Suzanne Lynch, Graham Wardrop and Liz Braggins
21 May 2023